Reading and Math Placement Tests
As a new student enrolling at San Juan Hills High School from a private school or public school outside our district or state, you will be required to take the following exams:
READING PLACEMENT EXAM– For students entering Grade 9 ONLY!
A reading placement exam is required to determine if students are reading at the 9th grade level. The reading exam will be offered on the date listed below; two time options to choose from. . Please select a time slot that works best for you and mark your calendar; contact Tracy Johannes, Guidance Secretary at (949) 234-5997 or email@example.com to RSVP. Students will report to the Guidance Office; lower level of Administration Building (Building A). Please note that our office will be closed from July 1, 2011, until August 8, 2011.
- Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:00 am – 11:00 am SJHHS Guidance Office
- Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm SJHHS Guidance Office
- Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:00 am – 11:00 am SJHHS Guidance Office
MATH PLACEMENT EXAM – For students entering grades 9 ONLY!
Students wishing to enroll in accelerated math courses (geometry and Algebra II/Trigonometry) during grade 9 will be required by the CUSD District Office to take math placement exams; regardless of grades received in their math class during grade 8. If you took Algebra I during grade 8 and wish to promote to Geometry, you will be required to take the Algebra I math final exam. If you took Geometry in grade 8 and wish to promote to Algebra II/Trigonometry, you will be required to take the Geometry math final exam.
To register for the math placement exams please visit http://capousd.ca.schoolloop.com/Math. Once on the District Math Website Look for the Box Titled "Math Placement Info for Students Transferring Into Capistrano USD in Fall 2013" All exams will be administered by District math personnel at the Capistrano Unified School District Education Center. The District Office is located at 33122 Valle Road, San Juan Capistrano, 92675; (949) 234-9200. Questions regarding math placement exams should be directed to Dave Chamberlain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment for Incoming 9th Grade Students New to CUSD
Incoming freshman students enrolling at San Juan Hills High School from a private school or from outside CUSD please see enrollment policies and proceedures at http://www.sjhhs.org/enrollment
Options for 8th Grade Accelerated Students
At the 6th Annual Stallion Showcase Rob Lynde and Darcie Stress held the Accelerated/Advanced Placement Workshop for families that are interested in options for accelerated students at SJHHS.
To view the Accelerated/AP powerpoint that was presented, please click HERE .
2013 8th Grade Registration
2012 Stallion Showcase
2013-2014 Cheer Try-Out Information
SJHHS Cheer Informational Meeting
- When: Thursday, April 18th 5:30
- Where: San Juan Hills High School Library
SJHHS Cheer Clinics
- Wednesday May 1st 4:00-6:30
- Thursday May 2nd 4:00-6:30
- Friday May 3rd 4:00-6:30
Where: Check in at the SJHHS Gym
SJHHS Cheer Try-out
When: Saturday, May 4th
VARSITY TRY-OUTS: 10:30 AM
JV TRY-OUTS: 11:30 AM
Where: Check in at SJHHS Gym
If you have any further questions, please e-mail Courtney Koehler (Varsity Advisor) at email@example.com
2013-2014 Dance Program Audition
Open to ALL Males and Females attending SJHHS 2013-2014
- When: May 31, 2013 for all grade levels
- Where: Small gym
- Time: Advanced Registration starts at 3:00. Audition will begin at 3:15.
- Intermediate and Beginning/Intermediate Registration starts at 5:15. Audition will begin at 5:30.
Can I tryout for both levels? Yes you can. If you come try advanced and it's too challenging or you feel that you didn't do your best, you may stay and audition for intermediate as well and vice versa.
Please fill out an application and attach a current photo to the form. You can pick up an application from the dance board in the dance hall or you can print it out from our dance page calendar (go to June 7, it's an attachment) or you can email me and I will send you the form.
The day of auditions:
- Arrive early. You need to warm up and stretch on your own before we start.
- Bring your completed application and photo.
- Wear ALL black dance attire. Any color shoes that you can turn in. Pull hair back. Remember, judges can tell how disciplined you are as a dancer by how you present yourself. Some NO-NO tips: loose bra straps showing, runned down tights, very low cut tops, tube tops, boxers hanging out, big skate shoes, etc. You get the idea.
- Learn an across the floor combo which will include but not limited to, a variety of turns (pirouettes, chaine, pique, al a seconde, fouette, floats, attitude, around the world), a variety of flexibility components (such as kicks, extensions, splits, leg holds, leg hold turns, illusions, pitch), a variety of jumps (such as grand jetes, jumps in second, single stag, switch leaps, switch seconds, firebird).
- Optional: Perform specialties such as pointe, tap, break, pop, lock, gymnastics/acro (more than cartwheels and round offs), any special tricks you can do. This is your time to show off who you are as a dancer. You are welcome to bring a couple of 8's of a combo to showcase your style. No music necessary. Any genre o.k. ONLY 2 counts of 8 max please!!!
- Results will be posted on our dance website the next day or two after auditions. This audition is for level placement. Please do your best! =)
If you are unable to attend your audition date due to a school activity or an out of state transfer, please email me ASAP so that arrangements can be made. Your make up auditions needs to be made before the actual audition day.
Good Luck To All The Dancers!
Have questions? Need More Info?
Please contact the director, Mrs. Calder, at firstname.lastname@example.org